Posting from an iPad

As I mentioned in an earlier post, our school recently purchased several Ipads. Right now I am sitting in a comfortable chair in my home study and I am typing out this post on the onscreen keyboard of the iPad. The keyboard is fairly intuitive as it tries to guess what I really mean and autocorrect my mistakes but it is going to take some time for me to get used to typing things in this manner. I guess that's really true of a lot of new technology though and it has never stopped me before. There is always a learning curve and some things may seem very weird the first few times that we try them. Eventually though, we begin to master the new ways of doing things and it becomes easy and we wonder what the big deal was in the beginning. As teachers, I think it is very important that we try new things and that we remember what it feels like to be a novice. We have to be able to go out on a limb if we expect students to be able to do so. It's funny that we often want our students to take chances but so few teachers are also willing to do just that.
So remember to try something new as often as you can. Even if you are sitting in a comfortable chair...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

back to school

day 3 in williamsburg

whoaoo, listen to the music...