So, is it wrong that it's summertime and I don't want to post anything about school?  To me, summer is a time to get away from all things school.  It is a time to recharge our batteries, experience life on our own terms.  It is a time to quit thinking about school and start thinking about our friends, and our families.  It's a time to explore, to be the people we dream ourselves to be.
I decided all of this while I was sitting here at my desk in the basement of the house.  The last 3 days have been record setting days of the heat variety.  I have done my best to avoid the hot parts of the day and have embraced water in whatever version it happens to present itself.  Last night we even had some rain and I have to tell you that I danced in it for just a bit.  All the gardens in our neck of the woods needed some rain.  My spirit needed some rain.  Hopefully there will be more rain this afternoon.
But thinking of the rain and the local gardens reminded me that I had a bunch of work to do at the school garden.  I have neglected it for the past week or so.  I've only been over there to pick cucumbers or munch on some cherry tomatoes.  But there is much work.  The weeds have just about taken over.
So I guess in this post I'm asking for your permission.  Permission for another day of avoiding the garden.  Permission for another day of avoiding school. Permission for not looking at all the notes I have written to myself.
It seems I have lots to say and do but very little motivation to do these things.  Sometimes we just need another day to play.  Another day to enjoy summer vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

back to school

weirdness (or more so than normal)

day 3 in williamsburg